Friday 18 May 2012

SECRETS :)


Having a sick addiction to all things beauty does not come at a small price. Suddenly, you find yourself debating whether 30 dollars really is acceptable for a 4g eyeshadow (oops).  If like me you find yourself searching the net and flipping through magazines in search of clever little time and money savers then this is the post for you.  If you don't, i look like an idiot then hopefully you will find this helpeful, or at the least feel sorry for me and read it out of pity ;)  

All the tricks I provide are not necessarily revolutionary, heck most are probably more boring then teenage sales assistants.  I am not medically qualified and all my advice is based on personal experience and research.  But, alas, i give you my very own collection of secret tricks:

OH NO MY ACNE!!
ASPIRIN MASKS
Having suffered, and still very much suffering acne, for the past 6+ years I can tell you now I could probably rate and review every face product on the market.  I'm not talking a few breakouts, no my face resembles a surface similar to the moon.  Personal gripe aside, aspirin is a great, cheap and readily available product to treat acne.  Simply take several regular aspirins (6 or so), crush them up, add a little water and a teeny bit of honey, and your good.  The end result should have a pasty consistency.  Depending on your skin type, you can either spot treat, or just use as a total face mask, as I, Luna face do.  Leave it to dry, and rinse thoroughly.

 WHY IT WORKS!
Aspirin’s base is acetasalicylic acid, which is chemically like salicylic acid, a very potent BHA (beta hydroxy acid)  Salicylic acid is such a wonderful and beneficial topical ingredient to help acne skin.
Little warning, its harsh, so test it on your problem areas first and expect tingly tightness.


OOPS, IVE DIED MY HAIR WAYYYY TO DARK!!
DANDRUFF SHAMPOO
Its happened to me soooooo many times.  "oooh that's such a nice chocolate brown", "ooh blue black, how edgy"  HOLY SHIT I LOOK LIKE MARILYN MANSON!!!
Made to strip the scalp of buildup and deeply clean and clarify hair, dandruff shampoo is the perfect way to remove excess colour build up.  The sooner you can get it in post dying, the better.  However even a week or so after a colouring, a thorough wash with dandruff shampoo will remove colour buildup.  It wont reverse the process entirely, but you will no longer resemble a goth. ;)



I COULD PROBABLY DEEP FRY A FISH IN MY HAIR :/
BABY POWDER
I know dry shampoos are all the rage, my honestly its just like cornflour in an aerosol.  Actually, cheaper, although nastier then baby powder, corn flour actually does do the trick.  The only problem that occurs with using powder as opposed to the purpose made sprays, is the residue.  8/10 dry shampoos I'v tried on my dark mane leave residue anyway. So honestly its a much smaller price for a similar result.  Just sprinkle a small amount around your hairline and brush it through, it'll absorb the excess oils.  Id recommend wearing your hair up, as a grey tinge could occur.  However id rather be grey then greasy.




MY LIPS ARE FALLING OFF MY FACE
BROWN SUGAR & VASELINE
Dry, cracked lips; lets face it not only do they hurt but they look awful.  If like me winter spells the start of windburn, cracked lips and all thing attractive then i have the tip for you.  Whilst passing by an over price shop of body products the other day, i noticed a little jar labelled lip scrub.  Whilst a great concept, delicious smell, and I'm sure divine product sat on the shelf, underneath this little pot of sugary goodness sat a price tag reading $14.95. WHAT! Brown sugar and or white sugar, a little Vaseline and you can knock yourself up enough "lip scrub" to last a lifetime.  Simply coat your lips in vaso, stick some sugar to it and rub our lips together.  You can then wipe it off or eat it, but i mean, that's dead skin dude :/


So to round out this giant post that I hope helps at least one reader here are 5 quick tips, for those who are time poor, or just got sick of my rambling 3 paragraphs ago:

  • Spray your bobby pins with hairspray, it helps with the hold
  • Add some sugar to your favourite body wash, instant exfoliate
  • Add a cup or more milk to your bath, the lactic acid is a great deep cleanser
  • Warm a little olive oil and use it as a treatment for the ends of your hair
  • Rub Vaseline on your hairline and neck when you dye it, it ll protect your skin from stains.

I LOVE sharing stuff like this, hopefully its helpful :)

A
x

NOTE: All images were found on Google, and are simply for visual aid.  I am not endorsing specific brands, nor am I claiming any of the images to be mine.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment